Installation of Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5
Oracle Corporation provides the ability for developers to create a complete development suite on their personal windows desktop or laptop without requiring the expensive equipment required for a true production system. This article outlines the process Installation of Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5 using your personal desktop/laptop and Oracle VirtualBox.
1. Logon to your Windows desktop/laptop as an administrator and open Oracle VirtualBox.
2. Double click on the guest OS you created in Part 3 of this serious in the left hand panel of VirtualBox. In this instruction set the name is OEL_65.
3. Once the Oracle Linux Server 6.5 Installation screen appears, ensure that ‘Install or Upgrade existing system’ is highlighted and press the return button.
4. The screen will appear asking you to validate your installation media, use the error keys to select Skip button and press the Enter key.
5. At the Welcome screen, select the Next button and press the return key.
6. At the Language screen, select your language preference and press the Next Key.
7. At the keyboard selection screen, select your desired keyboard and press Next button.
8. At the devices installation screen, select Basic Storage Devices and press the Next button.
9. At the Storage Device Warning page, select Yes, discard any data.
10. At the name this computer screen, type in the name of your computer and press the Next button.
11. At the time zone screen select your nearest city and press the Next button.
12. At the root account password page, enter the password you wish to use for root access. NOTE: root access is the primary administrative account on a linux system.
13. If the Weak Password warning appears, either select cancel or use Anyways buttons.
14. At the type of installation page, select Replace Existing Linux System(s) and press the Next button.
15. If a Writing storage configuration to disk warning appears, select the Write changes to disk button.
16. A Default installation page, select Basic Server and all defaults and press the Next button.
17. Now the installation will proceed.
18. At the Congratulations screen, click the Reboot button.
19. This completes the installation of Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5 on Oracle VirtualBox software.