Business Intelligence is the ability of an organization to use the data, applications, processes they have internally and externally for the development of business plans and decisions to optimize their organization for success. Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) is a suite of technologies and applications which support an organizations ability to: integrate systems, perform analytics, report, and manage systems. Oracle Business Intelligence Suite of products can be broken down into 5 focus areas:
- Business Intelligence Foundation – Core BI tools.
- Server and Storage – Support BI infrastructure requirements.
- BI Applications – Perform specific/detailed BI processes related to unique business function.
- Performance Management Applications – Tools specific to measuring performance of business processes.
- Data Warehousing – Tools related to storage, configurations, and access to organizational data.